Terms and Conditions
1. Supplier identification
www.hampshiremodels.co.uk is a site operated by Hampshire Models Limited.
We are registered in the United Kingdom under company number 09456905 and with our registered office at Unit 31, Basepoint Business Centre, Stroudley Road, Basingstoke, RG24 8UP.
Our VAT number is GB228173411.
2. Item Condition
Hampshire Models Ltd is a retailer of both new and pre-owned models. All models for sale on our website are of used/pre-owned condition UNLESS the product description explicitly states that the condition is New.
This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal data which we collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we store, handle and secure that data.
Hampshire Models Ltd are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you for lawful purposes.
The type of information we will collect about you includes:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- Credit/Debit card details
We collect information about you to process your order and supply you with the best possible service.
We hold information about customers to help speed up the order process for future transactions. The personal information which we hold is held securely.
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters.
When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations to you.
As an example, if you order an item from us, we collect your name and address details, and pass them to our courier to deliver your order.
If the law requires, we may need to collect and process your data.
As an example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity to law enforcement.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit our website, and use your account to place orders.
- When you create an account with us.
- When you purchase a product or service by phone but don’t have (or don’t use) an account.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
How we use your personal data and for what purpose:
- To process any orders that you make on our website. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
For example, your details will need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered, and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout.
We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you and our legal obligations.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud.
- If we discover any criminal activity or alleged criminal activity through our use of fraud monitoring and suspicious transaction monitoring, we will process this data for the purposes of preventing or detecting unlawful acts.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email about relevant products and services.
Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us at any time.
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice and legally required information relating to your orders. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. If we do not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement. For example, if a court order is submitted to share data with law enforcement agencies or a court of law.
How we protect your personal data
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data such as payment card information) is secured.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties, such as delivery couriers, or for the purposes of fraud detection and management.
This is the policy we apply to those organisations:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
- Delivery couriers.
- Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites. See our Cookies Notice for details.
- For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our premises or systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
What are your rights over your personal data?
An overview of your different rights
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing.
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
Ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any newsletter email communication that we send you.
- In our apps, you can manage your preferences and withdraw consent.
- Write to us at Hampshire Models Ltd, Unit 31, Basepoint Business Centre, Stroudley Road, Basingstoke, RG24 8UP.
Tracking Devices or ‘Cookies’ on our Website
As part of the new data protection laws we are required to let you know when we use any kind of tracking devices or ‘cookies’ on our website.
We do use tracking software on our website which allows us to see which form of online advertising is sending us the most customers. It also allows us to track the most popular areas of our website. It does not tell us any personal data about you other than what country you are based in. The software does use ‘cookies’ in order to recognise you when you come back to the site again so we can see how often you visit us. A 'cookie' is simply a piece of information that a website stores on your computer so that it can retain information about you or recognise you at a later time.
If you are still not sure
If you have any questions / comments about privacy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Product information
We make every effort to ensure that the information provided on the website is accurate and up to date. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend any product in any way, at any time without notice.
5. Right to cancel
You have the right to cancel the purchase of products without having to give a reason at any time within the "cooling off period" of fourteen working days, beginning on the day after you receive the goods.
If you are in possession of the goods you are under the duty to retain them and take reasonable care of them. You must send the goods back to us at our contact address at your own cost (unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is damaged or defective) as soon as possible once you have cancelled the contract. The returned goods must be received by us in the condition in which we sent them.
We reserve the right to make a charge not exceeding our direct costs of recovering the goods if you do not return the goods or return them at our expense.
Once you have notified us that you wish to cancel the contract, any sum debited to us will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your cancellation.
All notices you send us must be sent to the contact details on the home page of the site. We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when making a purchase. (Notice will be deemed received and properly served 24 hours after an email is sent or three days after the date of posting of any letter.) In providing the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that the letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email that the email was sent to the specified email address of the addressees.
These terms are governed by English law. Any contract for the purchase of goods from this site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with any such contract will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident in Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident in Scotland you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.