Dapol 2D-013-005D N Gauge Class 27 042 BR Blue Full Yellow Ends (DCC-Fitted)
PLEASE REVIEW THE PHOTOGRAPHS AS WELL, ACCESSORIES/BOXES ETC WILL BE SHOWN IF THEY ARE INCLUDED.
WORKING ORDER: Yes.
COSMETIC CONDITION: New.
British Rail's Class 27 comprised 69 diesel locomotives built by the Birmingham Railway Carriage and Wagon Company (BRCW) during 1961 and 1962. They were a development of the earlier Class 26; both were originally classified as the BRCW Type 2. The Class 27s were numbered D5347-D5415.
In all 69 locomotives were built by Birmingham Railway Carriage and Wagon Company (BRCW) during 1961 and 1962. BY 1969 the Class 27 was being used almost exclusively in Scotland. They were withdrawn from service in 1987 and eight survive into preservation.
The very intensive 90 mph (140 km/h) "push-pull" service, on the Edinburgh-Glasgow push-pull operation, was demanding on the locomotives and reliability started to suffer. The 27/2s, especially, appeared prone to fire damage, especially from their electric train heating alternators. The push-pull sets were replaced in 1980 by single Class 47/7s at one end of a rake of Mark 3 carriages and a DBSO. The Class 27/1s and 27/2s were then renumbered to 27/0 and could often be found on Edinburgh-Dundee semi-fast passenger services, until their replacement.
These great little models feature lots of details including internal cab, external pipe work, directional lighting, and finely printed external logos and numbering.
- Darkened wheels and pin point bearings
- All wheel pick up and all wheel pick drive
- Includes both standard and knuckle couplings
- Includes etched brass name and number plates
- Includes spares bag with additional detailing parts
- Directional Lights and cab and headcode box lighting
- Detailed body with etched grills and separately fitted handrails
- 5 pole Super creep motor with huge pulling power and incredible slow running speed
|LIVERY||BR Blue Full Yellow Ends|
|ERA||7 (1971 - 1982)|
|DCC TYPE||6 Pin Fitted|
|TRACK SUPPLY||12v DC|
|LENGTH OVER BUFFER||105mm|